Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tool # 9- Incorporating the classroom

1. Now a days, technology is very important to tie in the classroom. Most jobs required you to use technology one way or the other. It's important for students to know how to use the computer and be an expert at it by the time they graduate high school. It's hard getting a job not knowing how to use a computer. Students should be using a computer on a daily basis.
2. Students love going to stations because they see it as a fun way to learn and they are very engaged. I think it's important for students to be held accountable because we as teachers need to know they are learning and what objectives they are still struggeling in so we can help them. Also, it's a great way to access them and get grades without having to do tests and book work assignments all the time.
3.I did like Tutpup although when I went to register as a teacher, I had trouble. It always said the number wasn't available for the animal and color I choose. I tried choosing different ones but nothing seemed to work. I like the fact that you are playing different people around the world. I think kids would like that. I love Studyladder. I like how you can assign the kids tasks. The teacher can check on the status of each student. It's a great way to monitor the students progress and you can assign assessments to hold them accountable. I also like the way the website is divided into grade level, subject, assessments, activities, etc. I will definitely use this in my classroom.
4.After researching different apps, I like the Mad Lib app. Mad libs are great way to teach students about grammar terms. I know we don't do a lot of grammar work in our school but I know we are hoping to change that. I hoping that all my second graders leave my class know what a noun, verb, and adjective are. When the kids have extra time, they can play with this app. I would have the kids write down the words that they had to fill in the blank and write what kind of word it is. I also like the Little Reader app. This app allows students to learn new words with pictures. This would be great for the ESl learners in the classroom. I could have my ESL learns use this app during readers workshop.

Who knew there is so much out there to help us in the classroom.
5.

No comments:

Post a Comment