Wow!!! I'm finished. I have to say...I'm a little sad thats it's over. I enjoyed learning about all the stuff this project had to offer. It was great to learn new things and I liked learning new tools that I can implement in the classroom.
1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
My favorite discovery would be setting up this blog and finding other blogs that I was interested in. I have never set up a blog before and in the beginning, I was a little worried in how I would be able to complete this project. Before this project, I would only be on the computer for email and my celebrity gossip. Now... I'm on the computer all the time exploring different sites and tools.
2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
As an educator, I am always looking to improve myself as a teacher. Each school year I like to add one more thing to my plate. (This year it was a weekly newsletter to keep my parents informed in the child's learning) This whole project has definitly brought on more lifelong learning goals. Some of my goals for the next school year is to get my students active in Shelfari. I would like to become proficint in storytubes because I KNOW my students would love it. I also feel like I can be a great resource for other teachers at my school.
3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was very surprised in how technology savy I was. I seriously thought this project would be a lot harder. I thought I would have to rely on my husband to help me upload videos or upload pictures especially the avatar in the beginning of the project. I was surprised that I was able to teach my husband some things about technology. I now feel like I can easily be a technology teacher at my school. ( at least until I can't do something like add sound to my photostory.)
4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I don't think I would change anything. I think there was plenty of time to complete the project. I think the videos and the step by step instructions alon
g the way were VERY helpful. I enjoyed the program.
5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
If there was another discovery program, I would love to participate. I know new things will come up in the future. It's hard to keep with technology. It would be great to add more tools to my toolbox.
6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
Gosh...one word is hard. I would have to say Enlightening.
Easy painter's tape trick for hanging art
2 days ago