Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thing 18- Online Tools

It's funny that for thing # 18 I had to explore Open Office. Just two weeks ago I took my students to the computer lab to type up their poems. My students logged on and automatically went to Microsoft Word and what do I hear??? "Mrs. Finley... I can't find Microsoft Word" ( Microsoft Office had been deleted and replaced with Open Office) It was a little annoying because I did not know we were replacing Microsoft Word with Open Office. It was nice to see that even though the students had never used Open Office, they did not have a problem because they were so similar.I think Open Office is a great tool because it is so easy to use and it's free!
My husband had told me about Google Docs a long time ago. He tried to get me to use it although I never paid much attention to it. I think it is a great way to collaborate with others. When you are working on a new document, you can invite people to use it or edit the document. What a great way to collaborate especially if you are working from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment