Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing # 7

I am somewhat familiar with Hulu and other video resource sites. I never thought of using them for educational uses because I think
of using the video resources when you miss a show on t.v.
I was able to explore Totlol. I really like this site because I know a lot of kids like to get on Youtube although I think there are too many inappropriate videos that kids can stumble upon accidently. If kids go on Totlo, it's just like Youtube although they have videos that are parent approved. I feel safe having my students use this site.

I did find a useful video through Hulu. I found a video of the Tropical Rainforest. The second graders at my school do a rainforest project every year. The teachers could show the video as a introduction to the project or the librarian can show the video during library time.

I found another video about Davy Crockett. Davy Crockett is part of the third grade curriculum. We found out last year the history books do not provide a lot of information about him. It would have been nice to show this video to the class. I now have a video to share with students.

All the video resources are great to use in the classroom. Sometimes it can be a search though unless you're just looking for popular tv shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment